Monday, March 31, 2008

Pink Stuff

I was introduced to this recipe by my mother-in-law when she served it for holiday family dinners….particularly Easter dinner. When I asked about the name of the recipe my husband’s mother couldn’t remember and had long ago thrown away the receipe, so I simply began to call it “The Pink Stuff”. I obtained the recipe from her and I generally prepare it for my Easter dinner as well. My kids rarely eat it, my husband might take one serving, so I’m usually left to clean it up. :)

Of course, low-fat versions of Cool Whip and buttermilk can be used and pineapple with no sugar added can be used as well if you are worried about calories.

1 large peach jello
1 (10 oz.) crushed pineapple
2 t. sugar

Boil these three ingredients together until sugar dissolves. I allow it to cool a bit.

Mix together in a separate bowl---
2 c. buttermilk
1 large Cool Whip
1 c. chopped pecans

Add the peach jello mixture to the Cool Whip mixture. Stir together well and pour into serving container.

Chill until set (usually overnight).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...