Monday, May 4, 2009

Playing the Coupon Game...Again

I used to use coupons all the time when I shopped for groceries, however, when I worked a full-time job I got away from the practice. Now that I’m home again and with the economy being like it is I’ve decided to become a coupon professional again.

I used coupons on 4-11-09 at my local Publix. My total purchase was $137.07, and my ticket indicates a total savings of $37.46 which breaks down to $7.50 store coupons, $12.95 vendor coupons, $16.49 advertised special savings, and $0.52 advantage buy savings.

I visited my local Kroger this past Saturday….5-2-09. My total purchase was $186.10, and my ticket indicates a total savings of $53.62 which breaks down to $16.65 manufacturer’s coupons, $1.80 bonus coupon savings, $35.17 store coupons and Kroger Plus Savings.

One thing I like about the Kroger receipt that I didn’t get with Publix was the number of items purchased….I purchased 67 items at Kroger.

Another thing....while I'm impressed by what I save using my Kroger Plus card or buy purchasing the bonus buys at Publix, I don't really gauge my savings on those items. Seems like they jack up the price and then lull you into thinking you are actually saving something. I tend to use the manufacturer coupon amount as a sign that I've really done well at the store. The rest seems like gravy.

These four sites came up as the top four Google sites when I searched for “grocery coupons”.

Coupons from Smartsource.com – this is the site for the company that prints the coupons I receive in my Sunday paper.

CouponMom.com

The Grocery Game

GroceryCoupons.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...