Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter, 2009

It was a beautiful day here west of Atlanta. We churched, went out for lunch, and then I cooked a family Easter dinner. My menu included Pork Loin Roast, Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce, Wild Rice , Crescent Rolls, and homemade Peach Cobbler.

I made it easy on myself and didn’t really follow a recipe for the roast. I lightly coated it with olive oil and then used McCormick Crusting Blends. It contains spices and panco bread crumbs.

The wild rice was the same rice I had served at a dinner party….ended up with too much, so I froze it for later.

I trimmed the asparagus and steamed it. The Hollandaise was one of those Knorr mixes with a little lemon juice added to it at the end.

The crescent rolls were from Pillsbury.

Since we didn’t do Easter baskets this year…none of us need the calories and my kids are 23 and 16…I bought Lindt chocolate bunnies to put at each place setting.

The Peach Cobbler was spectacular. Here’s the recipe:

If you are using an 8 x 8 pan melt 1 stick of butter in the pan while the oven preheats to 350-degrees. Mix together 1 cup sugar with 1 cup Bisquick. Add 1 cup milk. I stir it together long enough to remove the large lumps.

Pour the sugar/flour/milk mixture into the pan on top of the butter. Open a can of pie filling such as apple, peach, etc. I used peach pie filling. Spoon the contents of the can over the flour mixture. Swirl the pie filling mixture through the sugar/flour/milk mixture.

Bake approximately 30 minutes at 350-degrees or until the crust is brown. After removing the cobbler from the oven sprinkle it with granulated sugar.

For our Easter dinner or when I want to serve more folks I use my glass 9 x 13 casserole dish. I double the amounts given above including the pie filling and the cobbler turns out great.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...