Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Bistro at Biltmore Estate

Over the New Year holiday I had a chance to eat at The Bistro….at the Winery on the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina.

Oh my!

The Potato, Bacon, and Leek Soup....pictured above.... with a glass of Chardonnay was the perfect light lunch before heading off to a seminar regarding chocolate and wine as well as an hour of wine tasting.

Because of the generosity of my dining companions I also sampled the Baked French Onion Soup, the White Cheddar Pimento Cheese, and the Low Country Shrimp and Grits (with Tasso Gravy and Grape Tomatos. The Tasso Gravy was so good….I’m looking for a recipe, so I can experiment with it soon.

The Bistro menu can be found here and more information about the restaurant can be found here

Find other wordless images published by other bloggers here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...